Psychiatric Crisis Counsellors are experienced Child and Youth Work professionals with a solid residential treatment background and superior communication skills. They assist in all aspects of the children's intensive treatment, working as members of a multidisciplinary team that includes child psychiatrists, child psychologists, registered nurses, social workers, and education specialists.
The counselling role includes:
- Ensuring safe, consistent, therapeutic structures and routines for children in our care
- Programming to meet group and individual treatment needs
- Assisting education specialists in our on-site school programs
- Co-leading peer therapy groups with our child psychiatrists
- Facilitating therapeutic family involvement
We’re looking for strong, committed professionals to uphold the highest standard and quality of care in children's mental health. Youthdale offers attractive salaries and benefits, and an excellent opportunity for professional development.
Please fax your resume to the attention of the Crisis Units Manager at (416) 363-7945.